Community development oversees planning and zoning, economic development and business, license, housing, nuisance complaints, and building permits.
The department also reviews proposed projects and ensures construction work and licensed business activities meet or exceed basic standards.
|Julia Mullin, Community Development Director||952-653-3674||Email Julia Mullin|
The Planning and Zoning Department reviews land use plans for consistency with city plans, land use regulations, and applicable state regulations. They administer land use control ordinances and zoning enforcement.
The planning division is responsible for
- Review and management of new developments, subdivisions and redevelopment.
- The city's comprehensive plan.
- Administration of the city's zoning and subdivision ordinances.
- Land-use recommendations to the planning commission and city council, and acting as planning commission staff liaison.
Planning & Zoning Resources
- Comprehensive Plan
- Residential Review Ordinance
- Zoning Code Appendix E
- Zoning Map
- Fee Schedule
- Design Standards (PDF)
- Good Neighbor Guidelines
- PC Application Schedule (PDF)